Thursday, July 12, 2012

Where do I begin?.?.?.?.

Where do I begin...  It has been a little over a year since we planted a church.  I think it hit me last week when we were on vacation that we are Church Planters...  For those of you that have no clue what I am talking about...  Let me try my best to sum it up in  a nutshell!  It is taking your religious beliefs to an unchurched area.  That is my definition!  We did this a year ago, Easter Sunday to be exact.  We chose Ft. Mitchell Alabama as our mission field of choice.  Ft. Mitchell?????  Where is that you ask...  It is a small country town, not even a store other than the Dollar General, right next to Ft. Benning Georgia.  I will never forget the day my husband, the church planter came home and told me that he knew that God was telling him to plant a church in Ft. Mitchell.  I think I laughed.  I grew up in the area and there is nothing in Ft. Mitchell.  I drove out with him one day and was amazed at the subdivisions that were in the area and the number of homes.  As time moved on and he talked more... this church planting thing became a reality.  He handed me a book about being married to a church planter and honestly I never read it.  Wish I could put my hands on it now!  I am using this blog to help others with the frustrations that you may face being married to a Church Planter and share things we have learned along the way.  Like I said I knew this was necessary for me when we went on vacation and we visited a church plant while on vacation just to see how they did church...  Happy Church Planting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment