Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thick Skin

Am I the only one that feels like being in the position of "minister's wife" it is a must to have thick skin.

Like many church planter wives, you are thrust into the ministry.  As you have read in my previous posts the ministry that I have been thrust into is the Children's ministry.

There have been so many times when I have felt completely out of place because of the way that people talk about the church.  As I know this shouldn't bother me, it does!  My husband has poured so much into this church from the beginning.  So many hours that are not even to be counted.  I am learning to let things roll right off of me, but it is a virtue that I have not quite accomplished. 

My prayer for today is to not hold grudges against those that speak negatively of our church or my husbands role as a preacher/pastor/boss.  Lord please forgive me for getting angry with those that speak unkindly of him.  Let my heart be filled with Love and Joy all the time.  Lord help me to see the good in people when it is really hard to see.  Lord I thank you for all you have done and continue to do.  Amen

Please pray with me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment